Well, its been a long time since I’ve written a real post. To say I’ve been busy doesn’t even begin to describe the past couple of months. Some things have gone well — other’s? — not so good! The quick view.
In the GOOD Column:
- SAPPHIRE’s: Orlando & Berlin. There’s a lot of pre and post work that goes on to pull off events of this size and scope – two events on different continents in less than three weeks is no small effort; but, the view was well worth the climb!
- We invited a number of new faces to the SAPPHIRE Bloggers’ Corner this year and from my perspective they were a tremendous asset to the success of the event!
- The incorporation of several live streaming video segments and the use of @eventtrack were really productive and beneficial. We’ll incorporate them again into the TechEd schedules (if were lucky maybe even sooner) but either way we’ll up the ante with something completely unexpected. I can’t wait!
- Lots of interest from bloggers I haven’t met or worked with in the past. The more the merrier!
- Finally got my boat in the water.
- I work with a great group of people!
As for the NOT so good?
- Two days after I put the boat in the water we had bad Nor’easter (in May no less)
- Got sick and didn’t use the boat for a month.
- When I finally got to use the boat — I had to put gas in it!
- Well, let’s just say my all expenses paid (by me) vacation (in the hospital) wasn’t exactly one of my planned activities. I won’t go into the details because it really doesn’t make for interesting reading. I will say that it wasn’t/isn’t life threatening; although, it was/is exceptionally painful. The net-net is, I’m in need of some surgery (August 4th) and if all goes according to plan — I’ll be as good as new by September!
- The fact that this medical situation has put me so far in the hole on a host of important items means that I’m burning the candle at both ends to get caught up. Worse still, when I get caught up, I’ll be out again for the surgery and behind yet again!
- I’ve been struggling with my WordPress install and Windows Live Writer for close to three months! When it works – its the best! When it doesn’t – well you know — its kind of like that feeling you’ve had lately regarding Twitter. Hat tip to Chris Heuer for the technical assistance — YOU ROCK!
So, I’m getting back to normal and will begin to pick up the pace on posting. I have a few draft posts about the Media industry and the notion of communicating with various “influencer” categories that I think need to be discussed or at the very least, I need to get them off my chest. I think its time to knock some of the rough edges off those drafts and get them published. A while back I wrote about a social media training curriculum that I was developing. While its almost complete — I certainly have enough content to start posting. Finally, Chris Brogan has inspired me with some great ideas that I think will make for some good posts during my recovery from surgery; since after the surgery, I’ll be pretty much just laying low.
Well, that’s the high level anyway. So, to get back into full stride here are a few links that I thought you may find interesting – I did!
- The Art of Conversation – Thoughts and Observations
- Will Social Media Force Spending Up or Down?
- How Social Media will Change Marketing
PS. I guess the newest version of WP or perhaps Live Writer doesn’t like “bullet points”. Anyone know how to fix that?